Wednesday, September 22, 2010

lazy eye

I felt it was time to flip the script so to speak and change things up. I thought it was high time I introduced some harder music on my blog and introduce you to a very cool band. The harder music comes in the form of a song called "lazy eye" and the band is the indie rock band named Silversun Pickups. I've been a fan of this band from Los Angeles for awhile now and "lazy eye" is one of my favorite songs from them. It's off of their album "Carnavas" and the first thing that caught me was the drums laid down by Christopher Guanlao. The word precision does him no justice.

The second thing that caught me were the vocals by lead vocalist/guitarist Brian Aubert. His voice is so smooth over this track that it's the perfect compliment over the guitar distortion abd syncopation. The distortion smacks of early Nirvana to me but it works with the vibe of the song and of course the vocals. The band also includes vocalist and bassist Nikki Monninger and the guy the band considers their secret weapon keyboardist Joe Lester.

Carvanas is their first full length album and for a first attempt it's damn good and the highlight of the album is "lazy eye". Take a listen and let me know if you agree with me. They might just make you a fan too (and keep your ears open for those drums).




1 comment:

  1. Good Post. I like this song as well.
    Look for "well thought out twinkles" by this band. Pretty good tune.

    ReplyDelete