Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Forever (feat. Musiq Soulchild)


When I first heard this song I thought it may have been one of those rare gems found and put on a "best of" album of Floetry. I fell in love with this song the second I heard it because it was so profound. If you know anything about the group Floetry and their music then you know that after just two moderately successful albums the two talented females chose to go their separate ways. It was made to look like they had chosen to seek fortune and fame on their own and that both were cool with that. The real story was while the singer Marsha Ambrosius seemed fine with going on alone Natalie Stewart, the spoken word part of the duo didn't take the break up as well. She was honest with whoever asked her how she felt and more than once she expressed dismay and disbelief that Floetry was done.

So when this song hit my ears it immediately made sense to me. Natalie's lyrics tell more than one story, not just thanking a lover for being there but also sounding like they were born from the aftermath of the end of her group. Laid out over a really smooth groove reminiscent of her previous sound and with that familiar voice of Musiq adding some additional seasoning, this song is a winner in my opinion.

I won't get into how bad the video is but don't let that take away from the simple beauty of this song. This is a timeless song and it's the kind of song one hopes to have dedicated to them by that someone special in their life. At least I'd like to think so anyway. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is simply beautiful & deep to say the least. I'm with you on this being a great song to have dedicated to you especially when you've never heard it. Wow. Thanks!! I did enjoy this and will get this as well. "you.got.me.for.everrrrr!" LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete