Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Time Will Remember Us


I was on the subway dealing with a massively long delay (as the NYC Subways have been known to make its riders endure) and this song came up next on the playlist. The second I heard it I was reminded of a debate I had with another fellow music lover about whether or not epic scores could touch ones soul. Grandiose conversation I know, I know but to me this song and one other much like it have that ability to make you feel it.

It's a beautiful piece called Time Will Remember Us is off of the Epic Score Volume 6 collection and it's one of my favorites. Don't ask me who did it, don't know. Don't ask me why it was created, don't know. It's been in no movie I've seen (and I see a LOT of movies) or trailer which is surprising because this can definitely be considered trailer music. It starts off with a dark piano melody which carries you into the intense strings. The strings and piano then carry you into the orchestration which then carries you into the next movement, the surprising percussion. Then comes the drums which adds a flavor you wouldn't expect, then comes the voices and this thing takes flight.

It ends like it begins, coming full circle back to the lone piano taking you out. I think it's a beautiful piece of music and one worth listening to on your BBS (that's big boy speakers if you don't know by now) because it will truly impress. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. This song is just as awesome as you describe it! Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete