Saturday, January 5, 2013

Arrival of the Birds

Allow me to introduce to you a group, actually an orchestra, I have known about for some time. Well, okay they aren't really an orchestra but they call themselves The Cinematic Orchestra, and this is their amazingly beautiful song entitled Arrival of the Birds. Now before you go looking for it to download on your ipod, I need to inform you that the search for this song will not be an easy one for it is not on itunes.

This piece of music was part of the score to ther Disneynature film called The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos which was released back in 2008. To this day, this piece has haunted me since I first heard it, and that was two years ago. It's been used in perfume commercials so if it sounds somewhat familiar to you, that's why.

This melody, right now fits my mood like a glove. It's melancholy and somewhat restless, the perfect first song for 2013. I think it's absolutely beautiful and more than worthy of a place on my blog. I hope it's enjoyed by you, dear reader as it is by me.



No comments:

Post a Comment