Friday, January 11, 2013

Redemption

I stumbled upon this little group on my honeymoon, many moons ago, in Vegas. Yes, I WAS married and no, not everything that happens in Vegas, stays there. Take this song for instance, it's by the group known as Conjure One and it's called Redemption. What I love about this song, outside of the vocal layering, are the drums. They are so powerful when played on the big boy speakers that they give me chills. They also inspire my neighbors to call the cops, but whatever.

Redemption is off their first album, Conjure One which dropped in 2002. As you can hear, the album definitely had a middle eastern feel to it. Funny thing is, Conjure One is from Canada. That's right, our neighbor from the Great White North, Rhys Fulber, produced this gem of a song (and album) that made me a bonafide fan. The vocals provided are sung, in Syrian Arabic by Chemda and her vocals are clearly an added instrument to this driving, bombastic track.

I suggest you give this beauty of a song a long, hard listen to, and if you can, play it on your big boy speakers. It may shake some things, it may give you chills, it may rattle your windows (as well as your neighbors). Believe me though, it is well worth it. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment