Thursday, January 13, 2011

Answer

A good friend went to a concert tonight and called me and held the phone up to let me hear who was preforming. It was Sarah McLachlin and when I think of her one song immediatly comes to mind. I remember the moment I heard the song I fell harder for it than any other song from just one listening and I new I had to post it. This song to me is the ultimate love song. It's a song of pure vulnerability, of pure openness, and of absolute unconditional love. The song is called "Answer" and it's a simple song, just her at the piano but the true beauty of this song lies in its simplicity. You get to hear the heartfelt lyrics without having to struggle to hear them and it's the lyrics that make this song truly special.

The song comes in with a sweet but poignant melody and you instantly get the impression that this isn't going to be your usual ballad. Sarah starts off with "I will be the answer/At the end of the line/I will be there for you/Why take the time?" and it just gets better from there. She sings lyrics of someone so deeply in love and willing to go all the way for that someone special that it can border on dying for that someone. When she sings the chorus "Cause I can only tell you what I know/That I need you in my lfe/And when the stars have all gone out/You'll still be burning so bright" it's what anyone longs to hear from someone else. That someone out there loves you enough to be the answer to any problem you may encounter and that they think there's nothing better than to be that for you.

It's so beautiful and hard to forget. Oh and never underestimate the power of concert via phone :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment