Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Protectors of the Earth

I have heard this song so many times before and I have always liked it. It's a powerful song and best heard on your big boy speakers because this song WILL move you. It moves me and right now that works for me because I need all the inspiration I can get. It's called "Protectors of the Earth" by Thomas J. Bergersen and if it sounds familiar that's not surprising, it's been used in countless trailers and sports related programming because it's epic in sound and scope. It's also a song I can't stop listening to.

It begins almost dirge like with horns and drums. Then the strings come in and the song continues to build, going up in octaves as the drums and the orchestration lead to the choir. The voices take this song to another level and the drama increases and the song swells. But that's only the beginning, the song reaches new heights when the drums push this song to a momentum building rampage. It's not your imagination if you think the song just got louder, it did and I think it adds to the emotional impact of the song. It's arranged magnificently and just when you think it's over the second movement comes in to more fanfare and picks up where the first movement left off but this time around the horns and the voices ride on top the pounding drums to the very end giving the second movement even more stirring than the first.

I absolutely love this track and right now it gives me what I need when I feel I can't get moving and I get that "what's the point" feeling. It gives me that swift kick in the pants, it gives me that much needed push. I hope it gives you something too.


No comments:

Post a Comment