Monday, December 10, 2012

When I Was Your Man

Admittedly, I am not a Bruno Mars fan. Yep, I said it. I never saw what everyone else saw, never really heard the "talent" everyone else heard. I pretty much relegated him to the back of my mind when he got caught with cocaine on him and damn near busted a gut laughing at his reasons for possessing said drug, something about being an artist and this is what we do. Yeah, I was done with Bruno before I ever got started.

That was until this song. Off of his new album Unorthodox Jukebox comes the jewel When I Was Your Man and quite simply, it's amazing. It's a slow, mournful ballad of regret. With just him and piano, it's a song crafted in a way that allows you to hear and feel the emotion in Bruno's voice. I love the chorus, when he sings Too young, too dumb to realize...That I should have brought you flowers / And held your hand / Should have gave you all my hours / When I had the chance / Take you to every party / Cause all you wanted to do was dance / Now my baby's dancing / But she's dancing with another man, you can hear his pain.

We all have failed relationships in our past (and to those of you who don't then you're just lucky...FREAKS!), this song captures all that regret and sorrow of failing to get it right with that certain someone. It's truly a lovely song and while i am still not a fan of Bruno, I can now hear what everyone else was hearing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment