Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Miles de Pasajeros

I heard this funky piece of music in Oliver Stone's motion picture Savages and I couldn't get it off the brain. In fact I still can't and because it makes me bop my head and smile, I felt I had to share it. It's put together by the DJ Luciano Supervielle of the tango collective known as Bajofondo. The song, Miles de Pasajeros was released on the 2005 album Bajofondo Remixed, and while I have no idea what's being said, I love this song.

It starts off with a guitar piece that was lifted from the score of Babel, courtesy of Gustavo Santaolalla. It's accompanied by a percussive beat which then brings in the drums, once they hit, this song is off and running, kinda. It's got a great bass line and a pounding beat which fades out only to come back suddenly. The rap over the track is spit with passion and on beat which makes it even funkier. The vocals are like an added instrument almost. The tango element comes in briefly with the accordion but the key ingredient here is the beat.

Like I said, I have no idea what's being said but good music is good music, regardless if you know what's being said or not, and this is good music. This is the second time featuring Bajofondo on my blog so I'm a fan. Take a listen to this track and you may become one too. Enjoy!   


No comments:

Post a Comment