Thursday, December 13, 2012

All Is Hell That Ends Well

**THIS IS A BIG BOY SPEAKER SONG, I REPEAT...THIS IS A BIG BOY SPEAKER SONG**

As you know by now, I routinely scour the internet for new music I've not heard before. I usually find some amazing music, well at least music I think is amazing, enough to share with you anyway. I have posted some audacious, bold, and ambitious pieces of music so far. This piece from the Two Steps From Hell production team however is the first piece to ever stop me in my tracks, literally.

The piece is called All Is Hell That Ends Well from the 2012 album Skyworld and there are four distinct movements to this powerful song. The first is a mournful melody of nothing but strings. It swells and gracefully glides along until a voice joins in. Then the percussion comes in and ramps up the intensity. The horns then come in and carry the melody along until the break comes, and then in movement number three, all hell breaks loose. This part of the song sounds like total chaos and is fit for one epic battle, even the slight respite of the break adds to the thunder. The piano joins in only to lead you, dear listener somewhat unsuspectingly to the dub step portion of movement four.

The piece rides out on the beat and you suddenly wish this song were longer. It's far too short at 3:52 once you realize you've got goosebumps racing up and down your flesh. This song is stunning and I think it may be right up there with Two Steps most popular song Protectors Of The Earth. It's THAT good. Enjoy! 


3 comments:

  1. ~sigh~ Damn I just LOVE your blog. 9 times ottawa 10 you introduce me to something I just can't get enough of. You made me a fan of Two Steps MONTHS ago, but I hadn't come across this one yet. It was pretty good, but when the dubstep crashed in...omg yeah I stopped in my tracks as well! My skin just tingled in all the right places instantly!!!! Delicious!!!! Thank you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my pleasure. I love sharing music with others and it's nice to know people appreciate all the different flavors of music I post. Thanks again, keep reading, and tell a friend :)

    ReplyDelete