Saturday, December 1, 2012

World's Famous

I'm going to let you in on a little secret so keep this just between us, okay? Pinky swear! Okay, today is my birthday and every year on my birthday I play the hell out of this song. Don't ask me why, I have no idea why but I do. It just makes me feel better (and younger maybe). The song is World's Famous which is off the classic 1983 album Duck Rock by Malcolm Mclaren.

It's a song that always puts a smile on my face no matter what I am going through, this year it's no different. And today I really need this smile. I won't tell you how old I am so don't ask :) What I will tell you is this song brings me back to a time when I had everything I could want. A happy, healthy, and complete family and friends, and the world ahead of me. Maybe above all, that's the reason why I play it.

More than likely everyone asscociated with the making of this song has passed on but they left me, us with a treasure. You may not like this song as much as I do but to me it's full of fun and joy and what birthday couldn't use more fun and joy? Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!! ~BIG SMOOCH~ oh and a lil butt squeeze too! ;-P Thank you for all that you share. So often you bring a smile to my face with the music you post.

    Do you take requests though? A lil R.E....

    Hehehe Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No squeezing of the butt!!! Seriously though, thank you for continuing to read my blog and I like that it puts a smile on your face. Saying that, there will never be ANY r.e.m. here, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~sigh~ I'm really bummed about your anti-butt-squeezing stance. :-(

    ReplyDelete