Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Nero

The first time I heard this piece of music, I was enraptured. It's hauntingly beautiful and extremely hard to forget. Which is probably why it's the music in the trailer for the movie Anna Karenina by Joe Wright (which is where I first heard it). It makes the movie look almost magical because the music IS magical. The piece is entitled Nero and it's off the 2011 album Two Steps From Hell: Archangel.

It starts off with a beautiful piano melody until it's joined by the strings (I really love strings). They pace the song as the piano plays the melody. The lone piano then rides along the strings as if on a roller coaster until the intensity begins to build. Then out of nowhere, the orchestra swells and the song builds in both scope and magnificence. It appears unstoppable...until it falls away and stops. Then the piano returns to play with the strings once more and the song picks up from the beginning, all over again.

This music is breathtakingly beautiful and it just had to be added to my blog, it just had to be shared. I really think you will come to love it as much, if not more than I have. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment