Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pass You By

I am NOT a big Boyz II Men fan, yeah I said it. However, I AM a big fan of this song and whenever it comes up on the trusty playlist, I sit back and enjoy. The song is Pass You By off of their 2000 release Nathan Micheal Shawn Wanya. This song was nowhere as a big of a hit as the group has had previously but it's one of my favorites from them.

To me this song is all about not wasting time. It's about not wasting your time on loving someone not worthy of you. It's about how precious time is and how if you are unhappy with someone you need to let that person and that poisonous situation go and move on. That point is driven home when they sing Don't have to stay with someone / that makes you cry / Don't be discouraged baby / don't let real love pass you by.

Have Boyz II Men had bigger hits, absolutely. Have they had better songs, that's debatable (in my opinion anyway). I think a good song grabs you and doesn't let you go until the very end which is what makes a song good. This is a good song (even though I'm not their biggest fan). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment