Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Flying To Compound

When I heard this piece of music, Flying To Compound, I honestly thought I had never heard such an imposing piece. The darkness and foreboding of this piece of music, by Alexandre Desplat, for the film Zero Dark Thirty is almost so frightening on it's own, it doesn't need any imagery. Needless to say, I FUCKING LOVE THIS PIECE!!!

I won't divulge where it is in the film, should you choose to see it. If you do, you will recognize it immediately and it will make what is going on onscreen, all the more intense. This is Alexandre Desplat like I have never heard him, and I've heard all of his stuff. I didn't know he had the kind of darkness within him to produce such a ominous piece and score.

You will probably hear this piece in other things in time. Someone may use it for a documentary, one of the cable news networks might use it to get a sobering point across, who knows? What I do know is that this piece of music is unlike anything heard in awhile for a movie score and it's pitch perfect. You may not like it, it may not be your cup of tea but it certainly is mine, and I had to share it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment