Friday, September 6, 2013

Media Luna

The group Deep Forest has done some incredibly profound and ambitious music over the years. I became aware of them when their most famous song Sweet Lullaby was used to sell Sony TV's. Once I heard that song I was hooked because it was unlike anything I had heard before, and when I come across music like that, I become transfixed on the creators of that music. I then bought everything Deep Forest released. Some of it was good, some of it was decent, and some of it was absolutely amazing. Media Luna falls into the latter category.

Off of their 1997 album Comparsa which was recorded using the indigenous people and instruments of the rain forest in South America, Media Luna always stirs something deep with me. It's like it grabs a firm hold of my soul and shakes it from its slumber. The music is amazing and the vocals are simply stirring.

Deep Forest are comprised of Eric Mouquet and Michel Sanchez who hail from France, they have sold millions of records worldwide and have contributed to countless charities. As I stated, these two men have done some very ambitious work over the years, but nothing they have done has ever moved me like Media Luna. Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. A wonderful addition, M! The blend of instruments fascinates me. The woodwinds float around me teasing me to twitter with them while the drum beats ground me to the earth and urge me to move. And the woman's voice always reminds me of a lil of Kate Bush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The female vocalist definitely has a touch of Kate Bush about her, good catch. I'm glad you like the song. I think it's absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite Deep Forest songs. Beautiful melody & lyrics.

    http://deepforest.co/lyrics.htm#lyric_medialuna

    ReplyDelete