Monday, September 2, 2013

Rain

Wally Badarou's album Echoes was the very first album I bought that was electronic/instrumental based and I loved it. It was propelled chiefly by it's top ten hit Chief Inspector (which rocks), but one of my favorite tracks off Echoes was the last track, entitled Rain. It's the perfect last song for almost any album because of it's melancholy feel. It feels like saying goodbye to an old friend, which in turns makes you want to listen to the album all over again. Pure genius.

There's not much to this song, a simple piano, some rain effects, a synth patch here and there is all there is really. What makes this song one of my favorites is the melody. It's just a truly beautiful song and I can put this on repeat and never tire of it. It brings me back to a time in my life when music was just becoming my best friend. When music was that undiscovered country, and I was nothing but a tourist trying to get the lay of the land.

Echoes is an amazing first album by an amazing talent, and if you can find a copy then I highly suggest purchasing it. It will not disappoint in any way, and if somehow it does, you always have Rain to look forward too. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. "It feels like saying goodbye to an old friend." Yes...that's it. Perfect song for the day.

    "It brings me back to a time in my life when music was just becoming my best friend. When music was that undiscovered country, and I was nothing but a tourist trying to get the lay of the land." M...I can only speak for myself, but the love you have for the land that is music truly inspires me. You've shown me so much that I never would have found on my own. ~kiss~

    ReplyDelete