Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Beauty Never Fades feat. Saffron

I posted a track from the Man of Steel score by Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL, but then it dawned on me, not everyone who reads my blog may be aware of the one known as Junkie XL. So I thought I would post one of my favorite tracks by him, the one track will allow you to hear his influence on the track with Hans.

It's called Beauty Never Fades featuring vocals by Saffron. It's off the 2003 soundtrack of Animatrix movie. Junkie did some work on the Matrix soundtrack so it was only obvious they would tap him to add a song to this soundtrack as well. The music is fast, the beats are strong, and the vocals are ethereal. Where I hear the similarities with Arcade and his influence on that track is in the low end. The bass line brings to mind the darkness that is Arcade.

I don't know if working with Hans Zimmer will change the dance master/remix king's sound, working with an orchestra and new instrumentation can definitely change a person. If it does though, then I can't wait to hear what's next from Junkie. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! That was like grabbing hold of a live wire. LOVED IT! lol

    ReplyDelete