Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Female Robbery

I cam across this really cool song, Female Robbery and the more I listened to it, the more I dug its sound. Then I looked into the bands album and all their songs are great. The group is The Neighbourhood and the title of their debut album is I Love You. Now the more you listen, you'll probably figure out who they sound like, don't rack your brain. They sound like a cross between Maroon 5 and another band I really like (that's also on my blog) Slow Runner. Regardless, I still like their sound and this song.

The song is a mid tempo tune and I love the drums. The lyrics are interesting and witty and the band is tight. Lead singer Jesse Rutherford flows smoothly over the beat and while he may remind me of Adam Levine vocally, the bands sound will more likely evolve to evoke similarities to Radiohead. If you like this song then you will definitely want to check out their album and their songs How (which I think is incredible) and  Sweater Weather.

The Neighbourhood will be around for a long time, if the five member band doesn't implode. They have a familiar but great sound, cool songs, and great production. Keep your ears open for them, I know I will. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment