Monday, June 10, 2013

In Your Room (the jeep rock mix)


I am a huge Depeche mode fan, there I said it. No shame in my game even if the last couple of albums by them have been less than thrilling. My favorite album by this band is their classic Songs of Faith and Devotion produced by Flood. It was a clear sonic departure from their previous album Violator, which I loved and was a beast in its own right. In my opinion though, Songs devoured Violator in every way possible. One of my favorite songs on Songs is In Your Room which when I first heard it, floored me. The lyrical content was so dark, especially if you knew of the trials lead singer David Gahan was going through at the time.

Depeche Mode, like Bjork has always been very willing for remixes of their songs to be done, and there have been some that have been truly epic transformations. There have been a number that have given me goose bumps and one of them has been the remix to In Your Room. When I heard the remix it was like the heavens opened, it stopped me in my tracks. Now awhile back I posted a remix of Massive Attack's Paradise Circus because in my opinion the remix was head and shoulders better than the original, and the original rocked. I can't really say the remix to In Your Room is better than the original version, mainly because the remix is mostly instrumental but it's hard not to love it.

Whenever the Room remix comes up on the trusted ipod, I play it as loud as possible, and I suggest you break out your big boy speakers for this puppy, you will not regret it. Your neighbors though, they may not be as jazzed as you, but you know how I feel about that, they can go kick rocks. Enjoy!

The original...



The remix...

No comments:

Post a Comment