Saturday, June 1, 2013

To Build a Home feat. Patrick Watson

To Build a Home is The Cinematic Orchestra getting their Coldplay on. This song sounds like something Coldplay would have done and yet, even though it sounds like someone else's work, I love this song. As stated, it's by The Cinematic Orchestra and To Build a Home is off of their 2007 release entitled Ma Fluer.

It's a melancholy song so a word to the wise, if you're in a happy or good mood, you may want to save listening to this for later. Honestly, it's the saddest love song of faith and devotion I have ever heard. It's basically Patrick Watson and the piano that dominate this song and every now and then there's some string accompaniment, but it's not much until the 4:03 mark.

I can't explain why I am drawn to Home, I do like Coldplay so maybe that's it, I don't know. What I do know is that why I like it doesn't really matter. It's hauntingly beautiful and it speaks to me and that's really all that matters, Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment