Friday, June 28, 2013

I'll Be Good

This is one of my all time favorite songs, because it rocks. It MUST be played loudly because it becomes so much more when played at a high volume, yes it's a big boy speaker song. The song is the classic R&B hit of the 1980's, I'll Be Good by the talented music duo Renee & Angela. They have had some hits prior, but this song was them at their best. In fact, it was through this song that taught me the very valuable lesson, it's the speakers that make all the difference in the music, not necessarily the equipment it's played on.

The second this song starts off, it's all beat and bass line, and both of them are thumping. What made this group so good, outside of their great songs was the way their voices complimented the other. Angela was all fire where Renee was all ice but it worked so well, that can be heard so clearly on this song. I'll Be Good was off of their platinum selling 1985 LP, Street Called Desire. It was also their last album.

Sadly, the group broke up in the mid 80's but what they left behind won't ever be forgotten. Their music has also been sampled by a multitude of hip hop artists which keeps their music alive as well. I also thought it was high time this track made an appearance on my blog. I hope you enjoy this classic banger as much as I do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment