Sunday, June 23, 2013

FML

There is only one way to describe FML by deadmau5, primal. This song could make a dead person want to get up and move. It's all forward motion and it only stops when the song is over. The way the drums relentlessly hit you over and over again inspires that forward motion, when you add in all the other instrumentation, it becomes primal.

Primal because there's no real song here. Initially there is no melody, there's absolutely no verses, no chorus, there's nothing "pop" about this. This was created for one goal and one place in mind, to get people on their feet and moving on the dance floor. Off of his 2009 album For Lack of a Better Name, FML stands out and is a great first song on the album.

If you like this cut, look into deadmau5's A City in Florida (another "primal" dance floor cut), Right This Second, and my all time favorite Faxing Berlin (put that one on repeat, it loops perfectly). Oh, and I don't think I need to mention this, but I will anyway, make SURE you put this on your big boy speakers. You'll thank me, seriously. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Damn. I'm tired! lol Relentless is putting it mildly, but I liked!

    ReplyDelete