Saturday, June 30, 2012

Disappear Here

On the way to work one morning this pajst week, this song came up on the playlist and man, it was just what I needed. This is the second time this group has appeared on my blog. The group is Hybrid and is time it's for their masterpiece entitled Disappear Here. Off of the the 2010 album of the same name, Disappear Here is a piece of music that will propel you forward.

It starts off languid, almost lazy but it solidifies nicely and picks up the pace. With Charlotte James on lead vocals this song is perfect for the instrument that is her voice. Mike Truman and Chris Healings have created a groove that suits her abilities perfectly. When Charlotte sings lines like I have been your guilty pleasure/I've been your lack of restraint...Applied the perfect pressure/To your sweet subordinate the song becomes profound. The beauty of this song though, in my opinion comes at the 4:30 mark where the song gives the listener some peace. It's one of the most beautiful breaks you'll ever hear.

While I do like Break My Soul better, it is only slightly because Disappear Here is as mentioned above, a masterpiece of a song. Let me know if you agree with me. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment