Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Modern Industry


This is a band that I listened to and was into hardcore back in my twenties. No I didn't rock the mowhawk but that doesn't mean I didn't want to. And that doesn't mean these cats didn't influence my style back then. This song, Modern Industry was the first time I ever came across something so genre shifting and it was then that Fishbone invaded my soul. It was the best of times.

Modern Industry is an hilarious song (I'm not really sure you can call it an actual song but there is music involved). Back in the day of the Walkman, if this tape wasn't playing it was never far from reach. Modern was off their 1985 EP release entitled what else, Fishbone and the second I heard it I was hooked. There are no real lyrics to this song but damn if it isn't funny and somewhat serious.

Now will you become a fan of one of the most influential bands to ever rock? I don't know, probably not. That may be too much to ask but if you dig this song then you just may go digging for others by them. Then you may find yourself wanting to bone in the boneyard, party at ground zero, rock the mowhawk, and start believing these are the best of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment