Thursday, August 22, 2013

Claire de Lune

This is one of my all time favorite classical music pieces. It has been used in many a movie and TV show and it's beauty is hard to ignore. The song is Claire de Lune and it's composer is Claude Debussy. It is the third movement of his Suite bergamasque and the first two movements and the fourth movement are beautiful in their own right, but it's Claire de Lune that stands out so vividly from the others.

Today is Claude Debussy's birthday and as a tribute I thought I would place his most famous (and one of my most favorite) piece in my blog. Claire de Lune means moonlight in French, so tonight I will gaze upon the full moon as this plays in honor of the man. I have some great and lasting memories associated to this song, for that I thank you Mr. Debussy, and Happy Birthday!





2 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE it!! This is some serious ear candy right here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome D. I am glad to introduce it to you and I love that you love, love, LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete