Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dust to Dust

I'm not a big fan of their sound, I am however a big fan of this song. The Civil Wars have unleashed this song upon my soul and I cannot stop listening to it. I can't seem to pull away no matter how much I try. Dust to Dust is off their latest release entitled The Civil Wars, and it's an amazing song.  

I get wrapped up in this song and I don't know why. It might be the subtle production, or it could be the perfect harmonious blending of Joy Williams and John Paul White's voices that do it. I think the biggest reason I love this song so much is because of its chorus and sentiment. Afgter Joy sings the most poignant verses I have heard in a very long time, where she sees this other person playing the part of pretending to be happy, together they sing Let me in the wall/You built around/We can light a match/And burn them down/Let me hold your hand/And dance round and round the flame/In front of us/Dust to dust...

I don't think I'll ever be a huge fan of this group, but for this moment, right here, right now, I am a huge fan of their song, and I will always be. Give it a listen, a hard listen and maybe you'll be too. Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Damn. Stunning. I have nothing at all to add. You captured everything exactly. I simply loose myself completely to the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lose. Ehhhhh...I'm blaming the song. I was dazed. lol

    ReplyDelete