Saturday, August 24, 2013

Vide Cor Meum

First off, this is not an aria. I know it sounds like one and feels like one, but it isn't one. It is instead, a piece created for the movie Hannibal which starred Sir Anthony Hopkins. Produced and created by Patrick Cassidy and Han Zimmer, this lovely piece is entitled Vide Core Meum (See My Heart). The piece is based on the third chapter in the sonnet "A ciascun alma presa" and it's stirring in its beauty.

I marvel at the fact this was done just for a movie. What Patrick and Hans did creatively goes above and beyond the soundtrack parameters in my opinion. It was Vide Cor Meum in particular that pushed me to by the score to the film and I can listen to it and never tire of it. Listen and read along with the libretto and maybe you'll feel the same.





1 comment:

  1. Lovely piece. It calmed and settled me. Very unexpected origin. Hans doesn't seem afraid to tackle anything. lol

    ReplyDelete