Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now

This is a really cool song from a really cool artist. Hailing from England, she came before Adele and Amy. She laid the ground work for those ladies and her name is Joss Stone. I love this song by her and think it's just so flipping groovy, it's crazy. The song is Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now and the groove is courtesy of Gladys Knight and The Pips' Midnight Train to Georgia. Written by Joss, her team, Common, and produced by Raphael Saddiq from Tony! Toni! Toné! fame, this song was off her third studio album entitled Introducing Joss Stone.

It was released back in 2007 and while Tell Me didn't chart very high, after you heard it, it was hard to forget it. The drums are what make this song pop. The groovy bass line and organ also fit in perfectly with Joss' soulful and sultry voice. When she sings It feels so safe when you hold me / It's already like you know me and when Common raps his line I find calm in you / I see my mom in you, those make this song a classic in my opinion.

Check it out and see if you agree with me, and definitely enjoy the video. It's a great video to a great song. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. :-) I can't help but love her message. I smiled throughout. She took the words out of my mouth...especially the chorus. Mmmmmm...feeling this sweet, fun, sexy track!

    ReplyDelete