Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Could It Be I'm Falling In Love

I grew up with this song, literally. It was one of my parents favorite songs and it was routinely played every single weekend, almost without fail. The song is by The Spinners and the song is the classic Could It Be I'm Falling In Love. Whenever I heard this song I knew it was chores time. We cleaned the house to this song until the grooves were worn out on the vinyl. I used to hate this song and I never appreciated it until I got older and realized how beautiful it is.

Recorded in 1972 and off their album Spinners, the groups first release after leaving Motown Records, Could It Be reached as high as number one on Billboards top Soul chart and number four on the Billboards Pop charts. The song starts off with that sweet melody and it's joined by that one element that I have always loved about the songs of that day, strings. Then Bobby Smith hits you with that smooth voice over that mellow groove, singing smart lyrics about meeting the love of his life. Timeless.

This song, this blast from my past had to be added to my blog, it was only right. It's a great song and it always puts a smile on my face...now. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Classic. I love the hope and wonder that burst from this tune. Do they even do that anymore?!? lol Or has hope and wonder become passe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song and it reminds me of my Dad and Uncles singing it at family parties.

    ReplyDelete