Thursday, November 15, 2012

#1 Crush

THIS is a big boy speaker song, just warning you up front. It's also one of my favorite songs by garbage entitled #1 Crush from the 1996 Romeo + Juliet soundtrack. The lyrics are every stalking victims worst nightmare as well as every celebrities. It's the ultimate song of devotion and while that sounds good, listen to the lyrics of this song, your opinion may change.

The song starts off with a moan of pleasure, enticing. Then the beat kicks in along with that dark  bassline that rumbles along beside you. Then Shirley Manson starts to sing words like I will pray for you / I will pray for you / I will sell my soul for something pure and true / For someone like you / See your face every place that walk in / Here you voice every time that I'm talking / You would believe in me / And I will never be ignored and that's the light stuff. The lyrics go on to get much darker and twisted. 

This song grooves hard and it's deserving of a spot on my blog, even if it did scare the shit out of me the first time I really heard it. I'm not going to lie, it still gives me goosebumps but a good song is supposed to do that, make you feel it. I feel this song and maybe you will too. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment