Wednesday, November 28, 2012

High For This

When I first heard this song, I saw it as the perfect music to a movie trailer. It has that cinematic feel to it. It's one part creepy, one part amazing. The song is entitled High For This by The Weekend and the sound/mood/tempo of this song is what all of the music offered up by The Weekend sounds like. It's ethereal and atmospheric, bordering on electronic. That doesn't mean it's not good stuff, that's just to say that if you like this song, you'll love his other stuff. If not, then don't even bother.

The Weekend aka Abel Tesfaye hails from Ontario and he's released a series of mixtapes before being signed to a major label a few months ago. The buzz generated around those mixtapes and the push from rapper Drake, who has worked on several projects with The Weekend has helped his release, Trilogy debut at number four on the Billboard top 200.

Trilogy is a remastered compilation of the three mixtapes The Weekend has put out spanning 2011 to 2012. The lyrics are pretty much all the same throughout but High For This is by far my favorite of the 30+ songs Trilogy has to offer. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I keep coming back to this. Dark. Menacing. Seductive as hell. Perfect for a movie trailer? Hmmmm I can think of some other perfect uses, but I'm a lil twisted like that. ;-P thank you for sharing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure and I'm glad you continue to enjoy this piece.

    ReplyDelete