Friday, November 2, 2012

Vandaag

I'll be the first to admit that the ending for this song sucks. it just leaves you hanging. It's got a great beat and cute melodies but the ending just flat out sucks. Maybe that's because it's supposed to be played in a club and it's supposed to be followed up by or blended in with another song. The main reason though why I chose to blog this song is because of who supplies the vocals.

Because we have an election coming up, where the country has a choice to RE-elect a Black man to lead the nation. Because of that I thought this would be timely. The vocals are supplied by none other than Martin Luther King Jr. Taken from his now famous I Have a Dream speech from the 1963 March on Washington, there are excerpts that bring into sharp focus just how far we've come. We still have so much to overcome but look at where we were just 50 years ago.

The music is supplied by a Netherlands DJ by the name of Bakermat and the song is entitled Vandaag  (I also recommend his Mas Que Nada cut...banging). I am almost certain this song rocks in the club and gets the dance floor jumping the second the needle is dropped. Just hope the DJ playing it has another cut cued up to avoid that sorry ass ending


2 comments:

  1. I voted today in Ohio's early voting and as all of stood in that long ass line I couldn't help but appreciate the rich diversity and the subtle sense of pride everyone seemed to share. It was the happiest long line I've ever been in. LOL. Young, old, black, white, men, women...We were all glad to have a say. We haven't come far enough...but I hope we continue to reach for that dream. That speech moves me to my soul every time. And yes...the end is HORRIBLE!!! lol
    ~DominaKat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE talking about the ending of the song and not the speech, right?...lol Glad you voted.

    ReplyDelete