Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dirt

This song is by one of my favorite bands of all time. To say I'm a big fan wouldn't quite cover it actually. I have always loved their sound but more than that, I loved the dark demons their lead singer faced throughout his career. While I wouldn't wish those demons on anyone and I don't want to make it seem that I am happy he went through his own personal hell, the music Depeche Mode put out at that time was amazing. This song is called Dirt and it's Depeche at their funkiest.

Dirt is on the B side of the single I Feel Loved which is off Modes 2001 Exciter album. The groove of this song is hard, the bass line rattles the windows and the drums will have the cops knocking on your door. The lyrics are minimal but they scream of someone who needs some kind of help and I can't help but think that song was inspired by David Gahan's demons. This song is addictive (at least it is to me, it's hard to stop listening to it). It just sounds raw, which is odd for Mode since their sound is usually so polished.

I think this song rocks in every way possible, from the beat to the bass line to the tempo. It simmers seductively and it just draws you in. Now if you put this song on the big boy speakers, please be sure to move the fragile items to the middle of the table. I don't want to be blamed for anything valuable smashing to the floor. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment