Monday, November 5, 2012

Flashlight

It's about damn time this group makes an appearance on my blog. Honestly, for me to have the nerve to call this a music blog and to only just be adding this group now, it's just criminal. The group is the amazingly talented Parliament Funkadelic and the song I have chosen to represent them on my blog is the downright groovy and funkalicious Flashlight. This was the song that went on when the DJ was trying to get people on the dance floor in their bell bottoms and platforms, it ALWAYS worked.

The first concert I ever attended in my life was a Parliament-Funkadelic show at Madison Square Garden. I was either ten or eleven (I had pretty progressive parents) and needless to say, my mind was blown. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen or heard live and I was instantly a life long fan. Now there are no real lyrics to the song but the groove just grabs you by your neck and makes your head bop.

Flashlight is one of my favorite songs by P-Funk (I've got a few actually) and I blast it every chance I get. It's how their music is supposed to be played because that's what will get the party started and that's what Parliament Funkadelic was all about. I hope I am not too late in adding them to my so-called music blog and to all you true music lovers, my bad.





No comments:

Post a Comment