Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Fletcher Memorial Home

Okay, when I say I love something, there is no BS involved. Mainly because I don't throw that L word around all willy nilly, it means something to me. So when I say I love Pink Floyd, you can rest assured that I am a huge fan of their music. Their sound is unlike anyone other band and I think the biggest reason I love them is that they never tried to sound like anyone else. Take this song The Fletcher Memorial Home off of their last album The Final Cut released in 1983. It has a sound clearly all their own.

Written by the freakishly talented Roger Waters, The Fletcher Memorial Home is a place for the overgrown infants, those incurable tyrants and kings.  Those that are out of touch with the hell they've put everyone else through. Roger runs down the list of names that were prominent on the political landscape back in the 80's and then suggests that once they are all in the same place, the final solution can be applied.

I know only a handful of true Pink Floyd fans like myself so this song and their magic may be lost on some of you. That's fine, Pink definitely isn't for mass consumption these days but I'm a fan and I miss their music. That's never going to change. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment