Monday, November 26, 2012

Dominos

I am just stating this clearly and upfront, this is a big boy speaker song. Dominos by The Big Pink simply rocks. The beat is ferocious, yeah I said it...ferocious. Don't believe me? Break out your big boys, sit back, and let this run you over. Now with that being said, it's also the playa anthem. When you get up after being run over by this track the first time, hit replay and listen to the lyrics.

The chorus should tell you all you need to know about the song. That's not usually how it goes, the first few lyrics hardly ever tell the whole story. They do here. When lead singer Robbie Furze sings These girls fall like dominos...dominos you should know what's coming. The first few lines of the song just brings it home when he sings As soon as I love her it's been too long / Talks of future with you caves me in / Swallow my sugar kiss and eat it alone / Hearts collide and smash any dreams of love. Like I said, Playa Anthem.

I heard this track in a car commercial and fell in love with the beat. From there I dug until I found the song and was not disappointed when I did. Dominos is off The Big Pinks 2009 release A Brief History of Love. To me they sound like a more melodic Depeche Mode with some Massive Attack sprinkled in for good measure but hey, you decide. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment