Saturday, November 3, 2012

Crusoe

I am so ashamed of myself. Why, you ask? Well simple, I completely forgot about this beautiful, melodic song by one of all time favorite groups, The Art of Noise. It's called Crusoe and in my opinion it's absolutely beautiful. I was listening to the ole ipod and this song came on and I instantly got chills. I also instantly realized TAON was not yet represented on my blog. Silly me. I felt it was high time to remedy that.

This lovely piece is off of Noise's fourth studio album entitled Below The Waste, which was released back in 1989. It was the last time the last two original members of TAON, Anne Dudley and J. J. Jeczalik worked together. While the album reflected the diverging musical interest between the two principals, they did dabble in world music for the first time, working with Mahlathini and the Mahotella Queens from South Africa. Still, the album seemed disjointed, but the jewel in my opinion however, was Crusoe

This is not Noise's most recognizable piece but I think it speaks volumes to their artistry. It's so beautiful and mournful at the same time that I wonder how I lost track of it. I won't lose track of it again and maybe you'll love it as much as I do to not lose track of it either. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment