Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On Every Street

When I am not feeling my upbeat self and I am missing those that have gone away, this is the song I cue up on my ipod. It mirrors that mood like nothing else can and sometimes, it even brings tears to my eyes. The name of the song is On Every Street by Dire Straits and this is one song I am actually truly happy was written because there are days when I really need it.

There's gotta be a record of you someplace / you gotta be on somebodies books / the lowdown picture of your face / your injured looks...somewhere your fingerprints remain concrete / and it's your face I'm looking for...on every street tugs at my heart and gets me every time. There have been times when I've searched for those faces I miss on every street. This song is off of Dire Straits last album of the same name released back in 1991 and in my opinion they saved the best for last.

This song has inspired me in so many ways that I can't begin to even list them, I am just forever grateful for it and to it. The song rocks out at the end, seemingly trying to lift your spirits but I just hit replay and let it wash over me again as I check every street for those faces. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment