Monday, November 26, 2012

One Love

This is undoubtedly one of the greatest songs ever written and ever recorded. It is by far one of the most recognizable songs and it's also one of my favorites. It's One Love by Bob Marley. Now I could have chosen any song from his massive collection of hits but it's One Love that touches me deeper than the rest. It's off of his iconic 1977 LP Exodus and no matter how many times I hear this song, I can't help but smile.

It's not even three minutes long but it's so profound. Bob is asking is there a place for sinners, those that have hurt mankind while trying to save his own beliefs. This song has been heard all around the world and has been used by the Jamaican Tourist Board in commercials to convince people to come to Jamaica for vacation.

Bob opens up his heart and offers up thanks and praise to the lord in this song. I will always love this song and will always be grateful to Bob for sharing it with me and the world. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment