Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Almost Doesn't Count

I have always liked this song and in fact I think it's off of Brandy's best album of her career. The song is Almost Doesn't Count from her 1998 album Never Say Never. I think it's a witty song with great lyrics and it sounds like it was tailor made for Brandy. Never one of the stronger vocalist, Brandy used that breathy, dusky voice of hers to perfection.

Never boasted a bunch of hits and even a Bryan Adams remake (Everything I Do) I Do It For You thrown in for good measure. It's Almost though that is one of the stand outs for me. When Brandy sings the words Gonna find me somebody / Not afraid to let go / Wanna no doubt be there kinda man / You came real close I can't help but like this song all the more.

Personally I don't think Brandy has ever been this good again. Never Say Never was her at her apex, her voice was still smooth and fresh and she was blessed with some really great songs. Almost Doesn't Count counts as one  of those to me. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. This song is so smooth and easy. It came around at a time in my life when I was beginning to rethink many of my choices. The lyrics "I can't keep on lovin you one foot outside the door/I hear a funny hesitation of a heart that's never really sure" always seemed to echo in my head. Thanks for posting. I'd forgotten about it. :-)
    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, it was my pleasure.

    ReplyDelete