Saturday, October 13, 2012

Let Her Go

Have you ever heard a song and remember that moment you fell in lover with it, thanks to that part that grabbed you by the shoulders and made you pay attention? When I first heard this song I remember that moment, that moment when my shoulders were grabbed and I was forced to pay attention. I was sitting in a movie theater waiting for the show to start and this song, Let Her Go by Passenger was playing. I had heard it before and thought it was interesting, the second time I came across it though did I realize how good it really was.

The artists name behind this sweet tune is Mike Rosenberg who goes by Passenger, the name of his defunct band but really it's just a one man show. The band Passenger disbanded back in 2007 but Mike stuck with the music and of course, the name. He was smart doing that if this song is any indication. This song is off his 2012 release All The Little Lights and it's a heart wrenching  song about a man who doesn't realize he loves her until he lets her go.

This is song is delicious to listen to. His voice rides the melody beautifully and the lyrics are smart and clever. I never get tired of hearing it and whenever I do, I get taken back to that moment when I fell in love with it. Maybe when you hear it, it'll grab you by the shoulders too. BTW, I included the acoustic version as well. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment