Saturday, October 20, 2012

Shape Of My Heart

I have always been a Sting fan when he, Stewart Copeland, and Andy Summers were The Police. I became an even bigger fan when he released The Dream of the Blue Turtles and I heard the song Russians. I didn't think it was ever possible to become an even bigger fan of his, that was until I heard Shape of my Heart. I first heard it as the credits rolled for the film The Professional.

I was stuck to my seat and refused to leave until the song was done and then I ran out and searched high and low for the soundtrack. From that moment on I would buy anything he released and the only other artist I have done that with was Prince. Yes, there have been a few let downs by both artists but I never fully regretted buying his music unheard. When he sings the line If I told you that I love you / You'll maybe think there's something wrong / I'm not a man of too many faces / The mask I wear is one and the chorus I know that the spade or the swords of a soldier / I know that the clubs are weapons of war / I know that diamonds mean money for this art / but that's not the shape of my heart...is genius to me.

For me this song represents the moment when I became a Sting fan, a true fan and I never regretted it. Well if you don't count Symphonicities anyway, enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh...oh you won all KINDS of points for this post! ;-) Sting is my favorite artist. Loved the Police and his early stuff, but when I heard "Little Wing" on Nothing Like the Sun (which I didnt hear until the Spring of 1990) he captured my undying loyalty. lol Hounds of Winter...Desert Rose...Fragile... I could go on and on. lol

    ReplyDelete