Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Humpin' Around

I couldn't deny him a place on my blog any longer, especially when I love...wait LOVE this song! This song is FIRE pure and simple. Bobby Brown's Humpin' Around is an incredible song but whatever you do, try your best to just listen to the music. Pay no attention to the lyrics and this song will have a serious impact on you. Especially if you play it on your big boy speakers. Now you may not be a Bobby fan, lord knows I'm not but admittedly, he did have some great songs and this is one of them.

Off of his 1992 album Bobby, Humpin' Around was the first single and it went straight to the number one spot on the Billboard R&B chart. From the very start, the bassline hits you and it rumbles on throughout the song menacingly. It's intensity builds and is aided by the operatic vocals that come in during the chorus and the keyboard patches. The one low point of the song is the rapping but if you can get past that AND the fact that Bobby really can't sing then this gem produced by Babyface, L.A. Reid, and Darryl Simmons will blow you away.

I can listen to this song again and again and never tire of it. It never fails to get my adrenaline flowing and gets me moving which is what a good song should do. It should either relax you and take your stress away or it should move you to action. Anything else is a waste of the art form. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you! The volume is CRANKED and I'm 20 again and just grinning my ass off knowing it's time to carry on!!!! Hehehe N yep...I'm jumpin around shaking my 40 year old body around like it's 1990-something. If I throw my back out I'm gonna blame you. ;-P lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome but if you throw your back out, blame Bobby, NOT me! LOL

    ReplyDelete