Saturday, October 27, 2012

Into Me

This is yet another song by 8Dawn that I can't seem to shake. It's called Into Me and it's a serious piece of music. The tempo languorous and deliberate while the melody is sweet and disarming. What drew me to it was it's dark undertones. This is another piece of music I can listen to until the cows come home and I am becoming an even bigger fan of Colin O'Malley and 8Dawn than I initially thought I'd be.

This music speaks to me on so many levels and it sets a fire up under my imagination. Not that my imagination needs any help mind you but help never hurts. The darkness of the song hits you right away and it slowly builds. The handclaps and slight percussion come in to pace the song and to give you something to nod your head to. The vocals are amazing as they soar over the music effortlessly giving the piece a lightness it needs but just as quick, the song goes dark again.

Into Me is off the 2011 album 2S3xy and it's just one of a few amazing cuts out of that collection. Might I also recommend The Bees, E-Lectric, and Free Form from that album, all amazing pieces of music. For the time being though, enjoy Into Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment