Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spheres of Fury

BIG BOY SPEAKER ALERT!!! (You might want to break them out for this song)

Okay, so I honestly sat around last night/this morning trying to figure out which version of this song I liked better. The song is by Hecq & Exillon and it's entitled Spheres of Fury. Now the original version can tend to get a bit boring at first, that is until you get to the 2:28 mark of the song, it becomes ominous. That's nothing though because when you get to the 2:50 mark, there the music puts you in the middle of your own horror film, descending the steps of hell.

The remix of the song done by The Teknoist Dreilide Thrace is far trippier than the original version. Noises bounce in and out, the bassline mows down anything in its path and at the 3:00 minute mark the song truly goes off the rails as far as the manipulation of sounds go. The 3:40 mark has the drums speed up and at the 3:52 mark you're back in your horror movie again.

I know this won't be for everyone but I love shit like this. It's musical chaos, drum and bass mixed with dubstep which I find amazing. If you aren't a fan of drum and bass or a fan of dubstep and you don't have an open mind then this cut isn't for you. If you are a fan of those two musical genres or you at least have an open mind, then I invite you to enjoy! BTW, I'm posting both the original and the remix...just because I like you :)





No comments:

Post a Comment