Sunday, October 21, 2012

Candy

One of my all time favorite songs hit me tonight and I had to put these fellas on my blog. It only felt right. The fellas are Cameo and the song is their classic Candy. It reminds me of a time in my life when things were pretty cool, considering. With simple lyrics and a stand out bassline this song just jumps out of the speakers and if it doesn't make you want to dance, it at least makes you smile.

Candy was off their 1986 release Word Up! (which was another huge hit in itself) and it raced to the number one spot on the R&B charts. There wasn't anywhere you could go back then and not hear this tune. The groove was infectious and the production was an upgrade from earlier Cameo material. This song along with the rest of the cuts on this album made Cameo one of the most successful bands of the 80's.

I can listen to this song and never tire of it. Who am I kidding, I can listen to that entire album and never get tired of it. It was Cameo's Thriller, almost very song was a hit or at least they were hard to ignore. That went double for Candy...and go on and dance, I won't tell anyone. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment