Friday, October 26, 2012

They Hit Without Warning

This is one of my favorite pieces of music to write to. Actually it's just one of my favorite pieces of music period. Every now and then on my blog I drop in a piece of epic music that has touched me and inspired me in a certain way. Allow me to introduce to you another one of those masterpieces, it's entitled They Hit Without Warning. This tune is intense and it should be played on your big boy speakers so you can get all the nuances  of the rumble.

It starts off ominously and slowly cranks up into gear. Something is coming, you can feel it and when it does it hits hard. There's a slight respite but then the orchestra slams into you and the voices come soaring in, taking this song to another level. The intensity builds to a maddening crescendo of music and voices and percussion and then it suddenly stops and you're dropped off a cliff as the song fades out.

They Hit Without Warning is a song of extremes, quiet then loud, soft and then hard, subtle and then massive. It is truly an epic  piece of music and I can listen to this continuously as I'm writing because this song takes me on a journey. I hope it takes you on one as well. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment