Sunday, October 7, 2012

Speak Your Heart

This is one of my all time favorite songs by one amazing singer. I've posted another song of hers in the past but this one begs to be shared and I could no longer keep it to myself. Yes, I have been selfish but no more, enough is enough. This beautiful song is entitled Speak Your Heart by the incredibly talented lizz wright.

If there was ever such a thing as a perfect song, it's this song. There is nothing lacking in this song at all in my opinion. The melody is poignant, the lyrics are meaningful, and the vocals are exquisite. My favorite lines are when lizz sings  Let me out, let me stay after the sun rises / I want to be...real to you, no more disguises. Combine those lyrics with the yearning in her voice and you have what's known as a real powerful "moment".

Off of her superb 2008 release The Orchard, Speak Your Heart is just one of many incredible songs in that collection. In my humble opinion though, it's the crown jewel of the lot and when you hear it you'll forgive me for being selfish with it. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment