Friday, October 26, 2012

Last Drop Of Blood

So I was up trolling the internet for new music (oh like you don't do it, don't judge) and I came across this song entitled Last Drop of Blood. I thought the title sounded interesting so I gave it a listen and I'm glad I did or I would have never known the music offered up by 8Dawn. The music is orchestral, brooding, moving, inspiring, and flat out incredible. It takes you on a journey whether you want it to or not and who doesn't love that?

Off of the 2011 album Torn, Last Drop of Blood which is composed by Colin O'Malley, starts of rather guitar heavy. That is until the choir comes in and the song takes on a completely different vibe. It soars with the voices and the crunching guitar in the background, along with the orchestra. It rises until it reaches its crescendo and then it opens like a parachute and brings you softly back to the beginning of the song and then it fades out.

If you like Zack Hemsey's music like I do then you will love Colin O'Malley and 8Dawn. The styles are somewhat similar and both men deliver impressive pieces of art. I would also recommend by 8Dawn Gorgeous, The Bees, and Torn. You will NOT be sorry. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment